
I met with my breast surgeon yesterday and it went well I guess. We still have some questions that were not answered. The BRCA 12 test (the genetic test) came back with some inconclusive results. So that really didn't help us with the possibility of Hilary and Tennasyn being affected by this. Dr. Hampe suggested having my mom tested for the specific allele. If she is negative then Hilary is too and I just had a genetic mutation that only affected me (no that does not mean that I am a mutant, just a mutation!) So if that is the case Tennasyn could also be negative. So that information is still pending. I am having an ultrasound of my ovaries on Monday morning to see if anything looks suspicious in there. He doesn't think so, but since the test was inconclusive he just wants to check. The tumor was a little larger than they originally thought. It was 1.5 cm as opposed to 1.24 so not much bigger. The also took a lymph node from both sides and the one on the right (where the breast cancer was) came back with suspicious cells so he will be going back in next week to remove the surrounding lymph nodes for testing. GOOD NEWS: the left side was completely free from anything abnormal/unusual/cancerous/etc. He feels very positive that the other lymph nodes will come back negative since the MRI, ultrasound and initial path test at the hospital showed no signs of cancerous cells. When he takes out the other lymph nodes a general surgeon will also insert a chemo port so they only have to put me under one more time for now. It will be an outpatient procedure so no overnight stay. So the appointment in my opinion was a good one since there were no scary surprises, just some questionably suspicious little boogers. I think my body likes to try to play tricks on medical science. I will start chemo after all of my drainage tubes are removed. I got one out yesterday- yeah and will get the other two out on Monday. I will then get another one after my lymph node removal next week. So once that come out on to chemo! For those of you who are within driving distance I do plan to have a "Shave the head party" complete with cocktails and hor'dourves since I didn't get to have my "Bye bye Boobie Party!" I will keep you posted when that should be scheduled to occur!
The kids are doing great, my mom has been superwoman for the past week and I think is going to enjoy having Leonor come in and rescue her for the next week. We have been in awe of the generosity of our friends and family who have brought us dinner, fruit, cookies, flowers, gift baskets, etc. I think I have eaten more cookies off cookie bouquets and fruit from fruit bouquets than is humanly possibly (but they are yummy!)
Thank you again for the continued prayers and support. They are working and I can feel you all from coast to coast wrapping me in your caring arms! Thank you for being you and all you do - you definitely make my world a much brighter place!

No comments:
Post a Comment