Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our First Playdate in a LONG time!!




Leonor, my mother in law, is in town helping this week. We loaded up the kids and headed to the Willow Bend Mall play area to meet our small playgroup. Tennasyn was talking about seeing her friends all morning. She has missed seeing them terribly! All morning she was talking about Gillian, Alexa and Hayden. She asked about Kate and Jack too, but I told her that she would see them soon. Hopefully we will be out and about much more now that mommy is healing and my "balloons with juice" or drains are all gone and all of my stitches are out. I am also able to hold Cole, get Tennasyn in and out of the car, and DRIVE, among other things! I am able to do so much more this week which has been so nice! I have my ECHO scheduled for the 3rd and my CT scan on the 30th. Now we are just waiting on the bone scan to be scheduled (hopefully today!) So I got I my stitches out from my lymph node dissection yesterday and they told me that I could FINALLY shave my right underarm and wear deodorant again. I am no longer a walking, smelly fur ball!! I was so excited and tried shaving, but can't life my arm up enough to get all of it so I guess I will still be a little furry for a bit longer! Such is life, I suppose. Anyway, getting better everyday and getting to play with my kids more which is the most important thing since I feel like I have missed the past month of their lives. All I can say is THANK GOD for MOTHERS and MOTHER IN LAWS!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

here's the great thing about that, I have heard from many BC surviors that went through chemo and radiation that they no longer grow hair under there.