Thursday, July 10, 2008

One down, 5 to go!

So far so good! We dropped Tennasyn off at our friend Heather's house so she could play with her daughter Gillian. Heather is a saint because Gillian doesn't nap and she is 36 weeks pregnant and offered to have Tennasyn over to play for part of my treatment session! What a lady! Thank you Heather! I met with the doctor before heading to the infusion room. He said that everything looked great from all of the tests. I was hooked up around 11 and finished at 2. So it wasn't that long of a wait and they said next time will be quicker since they won't have to go over everything like they do the first time. Mom took me and a little lunch box of snacks, so we ate those. Then Mom left to pick up Tennasyn and to get Jason's Deli for lunch. Then Andy came up and surprised me with a visit while Mom was gone and with him he brought fresh tortillas, salsa, queso and cookies from Central Market. Then mom came back with lunch. NO WONDER chemo patients gain weight during treatment!!!! After the session ended mom and I headed to Mimi's to buy a wig. It is kinda Katie Holmes-ish. I guess it is the closest I will ever get to looking like a celebrity so I might as well enjoy it! I also got some head wraps and scarves too for when I don't feel like looking "fabulous." The "girls" are filling up nicely and getting bigger by the week. As I said so far so good. And for those who asked if I will really lose my hair and the answer is yes....99.9% of patients using this combination of drugs do so I am just beating it to the punch by shaving it on Saturday. And I get to have a party so why not?? Keep the good vibes coming - they are totally working!

No comments: