Thursday, July 17, 2008

My mother, my hero

I cannot begin to tell you how amazing my mommy is. She has spent about 8 of the last 12 months up here helping with either Joel, Tennasyn, Cole or me. She is the most selfless person I know and I feel so blessed that God made her my mom. She has far surpassed any grandmotherly duties and has taken on the role as surrogate mom for my kids over the past few weeks and for that I am eternally grateful. I hope that once this cancer thing is a thing of the past that she will be able to enjoy her role as "Sassy" and get to actually just be the grandmother instead of the primary care giver. I have not felt very well this week and had to go get IV fluids and some antibiotics among other things yesterday so she got to be solo for awhile and it was her birthday. Hopefully next year will be a fABULOUS one. She is going home tomorrow and will hopefully get a nice month off before having to come back up here to my rescue! I hope that I can be 1/10th the mom to my kids that she has been to me. Another quote from my mom's group: Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be.--David Bly....I hope that I can become what she is.

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

what a sweet tribute! You are blessed to have her, for sure!

Ginny L said...

Whitney, your mother is one of the most wonderful people in the world in my book. She encountered our clan (the Millers) decades ago and I have always felt we were TRULY blessed by knowing her. There is no one who could have been a better wife to Joel or a better mother to her children. Her humor, pragmatism, faith, and just plain goodness have always amazed me. There are very few, if any, people I respect and admire as much as I respect and admire her. We are all better people for knowing her. And your Mothers' Group is right: Her daughters *HAVE* turned out like her.