Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bald, Boobiless and Beyond Blessed






Yesterday morning I woke up and took a shower and realized that it would be the last time that I would have to fix my hair for many months. In a way it was a very liberating feeling. Our dear friends, Kelly, John and Brooke, came over to play with Tennasyn in the morning after Dad, Scott and I took Tennasyn and Joel to IHOP. Hilary, Mom, Dad, Scott, Kelly and John went to Hilary's to get things ready for the Shave the Head party. It was so much more than I could have imagined. I felt so blessed to have so many people show up to watch me go bald!! I wasn't the only one though...Dad, Uncle Clarke, Aunt Marcey and our favorite neighbor Scott also shed their hair with me. My brother, Scott, was quite the master barber. Tennasyn was in her glory since she had many of her friends there to play with her while mommy cut all her hair off. She and Cole both love the way it feels and just giggle as they run their hands over my head. I also introduced my wig to the public for the first time. I think Tennasyn prefers the bald look to all the beautiful scarves and hats though, which surprises me. Here are a few pics of the new "do." Thank you SO MUCH for all of you who came, it meant more to me than you will ever know! More to come!!

11 comments:

emprice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emprice said...

Fantastic!! What a perfectly round head you have. You look absolutely beautiful.

Add that "B" word to your list: "Bald Boobiless, Beautiful and Beyond Blessed."

Well done, Whit!!

emprice said...

And Aunt Marcey rules. Did she bring the BopIt?

brickmomma said...

Beautiful!

I am glad you had such support........incredible!

Brain Power 5K said...

Oh I got goosebumps and I was even there! I love you my Satch! You continue to amaze me with your heart, I just don't know what you'll do next!!!

Unknown said...

Now you look like a REAL Miller! Just ask your Uncle Don! You truly amaze me, Whitney. Your spirit, faith, and optimism are beyond believable. It makes me extremely proud just to know you.

Unknown said...

Now you look like a REAL Miller! Just ask your Uncle Don! You truly amaze me, Whitney. Your spirit, faith, and optimism are beyond believable. It makes me extremely proud just to know you.

Ginny L said...

Now you look like a REAL Miller! Just ask your Uncle Don! You truly amaze me, Whitney. Your spirit, faith, and optimism are beyond believable. It makes me extremely proud just to know you.

Ginny L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginny L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginny L said...

Sorry for all the repeats! SOMEONE has been messing with my account! I don't know who, of course. Must be Santa Fe, the cat. It's something she'd do.