

This past weekend I headed to the lake for some much needed R&R with some of my best girlfriends from college. Andy and Leonor held down the fort with Tennasyn and Cole while I went to the lake. We had a great time catching up and relaxing in the sun. Friday night we were outnumbered by the dogs, but things evened out on Saturday. Cassie brought her Golden Retriever, Chula and another one that she was pet sitting, Beaumont. I had Berkeley and Raleigh, Kate brought Myles, a Min Pin, and Sarah brought her new baby Dauschund, Dutch. Overall the dogs got along very well. Jan, Ashlea and Natalie were also there, but left their four legged friends at home. Last weekend, Jessica, one of my dear college girls was visiting with her boy from New York. It has been so great to see all of them the past couple of weeks, but it makes me miss them even more!! Things have certainly changed over the years with our "girls' weekends." I think the latest anyone went to sleep this round was midnight, quite a departure from years past. Plenty of adult beverages were consumed, but we are definitely getting older or more mature, whichever you prefer to call us. It was a great weekend and I really needed some girl time, so thanks to my lovely ladies who made the trip. You are wonderful!!

No comments:
Post a Comment