Monday, November 17, 2008
Adios Port!
The day has finally come! My port was removed this morning!! I think this is better than no more chemo. I will be able to raise my arm again without it digging into me and my children's "little magnetic hands" will no longer push down on it causing pain! Oh happy day! One inconvenience replaces another I suppose. I have started going to occupational therapy for the swelling in my fingers, hands and arm. They say that we started therapy for the lymphedema early enough that hopefully I will only have to look like an Ultimate Fighting Champion for several weeks until I can reduce the swelling enough to get fitted for a compression sleeve. All I can say is there is a reason breast cancer and lymphedema typically affects more "mature" women. Trying to keep the bandages clean and dry all day with two kids and many dirty diapers is quite the chore. I have to wear rubber gloves for each dirty diaper since I can't really wash my right hand. Cooking and cleaning are pretty amusing as well. I guess having fingers that look like sausages can be sexy, right? I mean Andy does like sausage.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yay for you!
this post cracked me up....sausage......
Post a Comment