
I am so excited to embark on this 60 mile journey with the "true survivor" of my breast cancer, my mom. She is my true hero through all of this and the most incredible mommy in the world!! You all know that 2008 was a year to remember (or forget) whichever way you want to look at it for me and my family. May 29th will be my 1 year anniversary as a breast cancer survivor and after 3 surgeries, 6 rounds of chemo, and my hair growing back slowly, but surely, I feel GREAT and am ready take on this challenge! I attended the 2008 closing ceremonies for the Breast Cancer 3 Day to welcome in Patti Hetzel, my sister's sister-in-law, who walked it in my honor. I thought that I would be able to control my emotions since I was finished with chemo and that part of my journey, but standing there watching the thousands of people there to support finding a cure for breast cancer was indescribable. I was standing on the bench holding Cole and the survivors were lined up to make their grand entrance into the closing ceremonies, and I was smiling at them. One by one, several of them came up and gave me a hug and said you will be here next year. I couldn't help from crying, Hilary did too. So to show breast cancer it did not win, I am going to walk the 60 miles for all those going through this now so that one day they can look back at their breast cancer journey as just a little bump in the road!! Any help you can give is greatly appreciated and I thank you for your love and support now and always!! I am walking so that there will be a cure before my babies have boobies, after all the BrEaST is yet to come!!
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/DallasFtWorthEvent?px=2938981&pg=personal&fr_id=1295

2 comments:
I did this in Seattle in 2002. A very powerful thing! I am glad you and your mom will get to do it together!!!
that is so cool! I did that once and we helped a lot!
Post a Comment