Thursday, September 11, 2008

I can see the finish line


Well with my fourth treatment now behind me I am getting that much closer to the finish line. My oncologist was out of town today so I had my treatment a day earlier, which is great because my next on is on the 30th so I will be finished a few days ahead of schedule!!!! Only 2 more to go! My sweet cousin, Kirby came to keep the kiddos while I went to treatment and my playgroup came over the help entertain the kids too - thank you!! I am surprised that my head is already growing VERY blond peach fuzz, Aunt Marcey I might already have more hair than you! My dear sweet friend, Caroline and her son, Patrick came over for a visit last night and brought us dinner. We appreciate it so much. We also have several other friends, Karyn, Margaret, and Beth bringing us meals over the next few days. I have some amazingly generous friends!! Andy had a vasectomy on Friday so Leonor came in last weekend to tend to her "baby" and my mom is here now to tend to hers, what wonderful mommies we have! I am feeling a but nauseated, but hopefully that will soon pass. If that is the worst side effect I am doing just fine. Hopefully my last treatment will be the Monday after the Race for the Cure...what a way to finish the race with finishing treatment too! On another note, Cole is crawling everywhere and pulling up on EVERYTHING much to Tennasyn's dismay. Life as we know it will never be the same, it is so bittersweet! I am counting down the days until all of this is over while trying to live in the moment and enjoy everything amazing my kids do everyday. Thanks for the continued love and prayers.

3 comments:

phetzel said...

That's awesome! I'm gonna be walking my heart out for you! love ya! patti

Marcy and Adrian said...

Whitney, I'm so glad that things are going good! I love seeing the pictures of the kiddos and hearing about your progress. Keep the update coming!

Sara Blackburn White said...

So happy you are almost finished! I know it has to be a great feeling;) You are so brave and are truely an inspiration to all Moms and have handled everything so graciously! You should feel so proud!